Alright,
I had a couple meetings yesterday regarding my film. It seems most of my teachers are afraid I can't handle this project. They may be right. After all, I am in my last year for the second time because I didn't finish my film last year.
Now, this is largely due to the fact that this truth-seeking thing is a bit new to me. Only last year I started discovering parts of the truth I had been longing for. And it kept changing and expanding, and I had to keep changing the idea for turning this quest into a film. I'm still not sure whether it CAN be translated into a film. But I do love film. And I do love truth-seeking. So I don't really I think I have another option.
That being said, I have made an agreement with my promotor. If by the end of next week, I don't have some promising material for the film, or I feel this project is going to crush me, I will put a stop to it. For the time being. I will find another subject for a film and do that instead.
I have other ideas for films, of course, I just feel they are not as important to me as this project.
However, this project is not an easy one. It's hard just to do these things for yourself, personally. It's alot harder to also distance myself from the project, and look at it as a director to make sure it is filmed in the right way.
This means I have to get my shit together. I have decided to deviate a bit from my original planning. I have to have some tangible results (both personally and professionally) by the end of next week.
This means I will start with the dress-and-dildo mission right now. It leaves the most space for improvisation and correction, and will probably help me get the film on the right track.
I'll be able to constantly evaluate the progress and the content and style of my film.
There, I'm off now. I'll just grab something to eat and then it's time to put myself out there.
I'll check in tonight to post an update.

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten