maandag 25 februari 2008

I hit the city

Well, this experiment has been less awkward than I thought it would be. For now, at least.


I decided to start slow, got a dress and a dildo and went out in the streets of Antwerp. People mostly laughed, and so did I. It felt as if I was looking at myself. And I looked ridiculous. 

I think it has a disarming quality to it. People don't think about themselves when they see some guy walking around in a dress and a dildo strapped to his head. And because I was able to look at myself as a different person, it felt kind of disarming to me too.

It was fucking cold though. So I got some stockings, or tights, whatever they're called. 

A group of Dutch people came to talk to me. 

"You're not going to a party, are you? Does this have some kind of purpose?"

"Well, I'm supposed to walk around like this until I reach the point where I absolutely don't care what other people think of me anymore."

"Ah, awesome! Life only begins when you stop caring what others think about you! Success with your project!"

Awesome people. 

I wonder what else is in store. I can feel that talking to people isn't really that much of a problem. Looking like this, whatever you say, you can't really make yourself look worse...

Ah, another day, another experience. I'm tired right now. Gotta get out of this dress.

Good night, everyone.

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

It's great that you met such encouraging people. Some time ago an old man walked past me in the street when I was coming from therapy and said out of the blue: "be strong, the wind is behind you" :D